Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Most women in this material world would state this as one of the best holidays there is, due to the fact that it somehow brings them and their "lovers" together. For the men it's considered (this year) as the worst thursday of the year because if they even have a significant other, they have to go out and buy numerous items or for the ones that don't they wallow in self pitty of being single. My point is whether Valentine's Day is being created into another materialistic holiday where massive amounts of presents and love are to be exchanged between lovers. Is Valentine's almost as materialistic as Christmas? Isn't it a day that should be focused on proving your love to someone not buying them presents to make up for the lack of effort. Personally, I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I've been the single guy that notices I need to find someone to make me happy, and I've been the guy that is infatuated with my special girl. I found that either way it's not about the presents you buy for them or the chocolate you eat. It's about what you do to impress them and how creative you are. Another thing about this holiday is that it's not just to be focused on your boyfriend or girlfriend but on all the people you care about, that means your parents, grandparents, brothers, and sisters. It shouldn't be a materialistic holiday but a rejoicing holiday of love.

No comments: