Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Evaluation: Lacrosse

Lacrosse is one of the most unique sports available. However, I did not have the opportunity to participate in this sport during high school because my high school didn't offer it. Now that I'm at Ithaca College, I have the chance to watch this sport. I have attended a few games and find the game really cool and exciting. It's said to be the fasting game played on two feet and I believe it because with the skilled athletes sprinting back and forth and the ball whipping across the field creates an exciting sport. I really wish that the sport had been offered at my high school because I think I would have enjoyed this fast pace game. The game has so much to it such as speed, finesse, strength, power, agility, concentration, hand eye coordination, and much more. All of this really makes this game impressive to the spectator and appealing to other athletes. I think that the sport is on the rise in America because it was just recently sactioned as a high school sport and state playoffs for lacrosse are now required and supported. Eventually, this will help create this sport onto a more nationwide level. Most people outside of the Northeast have never witnessed a game but this exciting game could be one of the most popular sports in decades to come.

No comments: