Sunday, April 20, 2008

Respone to Shuttle Bus at IC

The original article can be found at http://ccoppin.blogspot.com/

After reading the Chris's Blog I absolutely agree with both, him and the article. Being that I just wrote my proposal paper on the parking here at Ithaca College, I found a lot of problems with it. One of my solutions was this shuttle bus system, however I didn't hear about it until after I finished my proposal. My proposal and that of the article were very similar. As Chris said, it would help cut down on the emissions that are affected with numerous cars being used because it is a hefty carpool system. The big thing that it would cut down on, would be the number of cars on campus. There are always problems with the number of cars on campus because they take up lots of space, and cause problems for public safety and other students. This shuttle bus would allow much more space because kids will not feel the need to jump in their car(possibly shovel off the snow) then drive to class, and vise versa. They would simply jump on the bus(that should be nicely heated) and ride to class. The shuttle would be perfect to fit into the sustainable society of Ithaca College because it would cut down on emissions cost immensely. I really hope that the college implements this shuttle system!

No comments: